What To Bring
What to Bring
Printable PDF Camp Packing Checklists:
What NOT to Bring
- Cell Phones
- DVD Players
- MP3 Players / iPods
- Video Games
- Hockey / Lacrosse Sticks
- Baseball Bats
- Personal Archery Equipment
- Climbing Gear
- E-Readers are allowed but are not permitted to connect to the internet or cellular networks.
Possession of firearms, the use of alcohol, non-prescription drugs, or tobacco in any form is not permitted at Camp Laney. Violation of this policy will result in dismissal from the camp.
Laundry will be sent out once during the two-week sessions. It will not be sent out during the one-week sessions. It usually takes laundry about one or two days to return. Send what you think your child will need for the period of time he stays.
Marking & Packing
Uniforms are NOT required at Camp Laney. Campers should be equipped with serviceable but inexpensive clothing. Old clothes are great for camp. Every article of clothing, including socks, must be marked with name tapes or permanent marker so it will not be erased by the laundry. No article will be sent to the laundry unless it is plainly marked.
- It is a good idea to tape a list of articles brought to camp on the underside of the footlocker lid.
- Involve your child in the packing of his gear for camp so he knows what he has and where it is.
- It could be fun and helpful to let your child keep his clothes in his camp trunk a week or so before camp so he can familiarize himself with the contents.