First-Time Camper Parents
We want to ensure that your son’s first visit to summer camp is a great and memorable experience. To help parents aid in this effort, we have prepared the following materials for you:
- Camp Laney Sneak Preview (PDF)
Perfect for viewing with your son
- Camp Prep Tips – Video Pt. 1
- Dr. Chris Thurber, author of The Summer Camp Handbook
- Camp Prep Tips – Video Pt. 2
Dr. Chris Thurber, author of The Summer Camp Handbook
- Homesick Packet – Open in case of Emergency! (PDF)
For parents only
- Staying Healthy at Camp (PDF)
Great for printing and posting inside trunk lid
- View information at the CDC’s web site for Helpful hints to help you spot, treat, and prevent lice.
- Sharing Personal Information about Your Child with Summer Camp Professionals (Video)
- The Summer Camp Handbook
Authors: Christopher Thurber, Ph.D., and Jon C. Malinowski, Ph.D.
Everything a parent needs to know about the camp experience – what it is; what they and their children can expect; how to choose a camp; how to prepare for camp; and how to get the most out of camp! With clear ideas about mastering homesickness, how to stay in touch and what to do if a problem arises.