The Working Counselor in Training program is designed to give our former campers a chance to understand what it is like to be a part of a Laney staff. It also allows former Laney campers to continue attending camp and hopefully gain an interest in becoming a counselor in the future. If you are not interested in being a member of our regular Laney summer staff in the future please do not apply for the W.C.I.T. program. W.C.I.Ts are selected based on the attitude, helpfulness, and appreciation for Camp Laney that they demonstrated during their time as campers.
As a W.C.I.T. you would be an employee of Camp Laney and would be expected to work hard and show a high level of maturity in your new responsibilities. W’s help in the kitchen, act as table boys, serve at the two store breaks during the day, help at the P.A. and Adventure Sports activities and help out with the younger campers. We expect the W.C.I.T.s to be on time to all tasks and to handle each of these responsibilities professionally to ensure that Laney campers have a wonderful experience during their two weeks at camp. We want our W.C.I.T.s to have the great experience of working and living with other guys, but also to work hard to show that they would be a valuable member of a Laney staff as a future counselor. WCITs pay nothing to come to camp.
This application is for boys who want to apply to be WCITs (boys who have just completed the 9th or 10th grade).
Once we receive your application, a Laney director will contact you within a couple of days and inquire what session(s) you are available to work.
Please allow 20-30 minutes to complete this application. You will be allowed to stop and save your application at any time during the process.
BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
THIS INFORMATION IS REQUIRED IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. DO NOT BEGIN APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- All Personal Information
- Including: Current & Home Address, Phone Number & Email
- Basic Education Information
- Any Previous Camping Experience (As a Camper or as an Employee)
- Including: Previous Camp’s Contact Information & Director
- Employment History
- Past jobs and their specific contact information
- Any Current Certifications Held & Corresponding Expiration Dates
- Including: CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Archery, Riflery, Horsemanship, etc.
- Three to Five (5) References
- Please use employers, teachers, coaches, religious leaders, etc. Please do NOT use family members, friends, fraternity brothers, etc.
- Must Have Contact Information, including: Address, Phone Number, & Email
TO APPLY FOR A WCIT POSITION PLEASE CLICK HERE